If you have a gas powered oven or furnace, you must keep these appliances well maintained to prevent carbon monoxide leaks. While many high-efficiency filtration systems may be rated to handle chemical vapors, you should still invest in a good carbon monoxide detector for your home. Remember that filtration systems can be turned off, accidentally unplugged; a blown fuse can temporarily halt air filter products, etc. Don't take a chance with carbon monoxide. Have your gas appliances maintained regularly and invest in the detector. These measures, along with your air filtration products will leave you with great peace of mind.